Massive new migrant men’s shelter opens in this NYC nabe — and locals are fuming: ‘My worst fear’

Massive new migrant men’s shelter opens in this NYC nabe — and locals are fuming: ‘My worst fear’

Entertainment



A 2,200-bedroom shelter has opened a 2200-bedroom in southern Bronx-for a wide condemnation of the population, merchants and local officials.

The first immigrants began reaching the storage facility transferred on Sharq 141 Street during the weekend as part of a batch of the city hall to unify the number of those looking for asylum from the closure of huge shelters in the other town, including the cities of tents on Randal Island and in the Brooklyn field Floyd Bennett, as well as the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan.

Bronx is not happy with that.

One of the residents told “The Post on Tuesday”: “It is a shame.”

A 2,200 -bedroom migrant shelter in Bronx was opened during the weekend, and the local population becomes in the weapon. LP media

“In all years of living in this neighborhood, this was the oldest years. No one who lived here asked for this. There was no vote, no choice, there is no reason for the population here.”

“I think it might become unsafe – this is the worst fear,” said Judo Kudlo, who has an art studio in the neighborhood.

She said, “I don't know that, but 2,200 men are all with anything they do not do regardless of their quality, it is possible that there is no idea about a good idea.”

“It is possible that there will be nearly ten men who are now waiting to enter,” said Kudlo. “I am just waiting and looking. If you become a problem, my husband will not allow me to get here anymore because he does not want it and I will have to find another place.”

City officials said that many immigrants moved to the new facility were previously living on the turbulent website of Randal, as many explosions raised violence serious security concerns.

The choice of their transfer to the Bronx-which is the corner or lower than “The Hub”, which is one of the most drug-added Big Apple strips-the protests before the doors were open.

Mayor Eric Adams called for the closure of many major migrant shelters – at least some of their boats sent to the new Bronx facility. LP media
Several other huge migratory shelters are now dismantled, including a tent city on Randal Island, Manhattan. AFP via Getty Images

But Mayor Eric Adams advanced in the plan, as sources say that at least 200 immigrants arrived at the new shelter on Tuesday alone, most of them arrive in the metro.

Among those who joined the opposition choir was the President of Bronx Boro, President of Boro Vanessa Gibson.

“The administration's decision to open a migrant shelter in Boro without addressing the questions and urgent concerns of our society is unacceptable,” Gibson said in a statement.

She said: “The decision was imposed with the least participation of and there are no significant talks with those who will be affected directly.”

Brunex Boro Vanessa Gibson President described her as “unacceptable” that the city opened a migrant shelter in her neighborhood, claiming without any discussion. LP media

Gibson said that she still needs to know the steps, if any, which will be taken by the New York Police to improve public safety in the region and whether President Trump's repression worldwide will lead to raids in the shelter.

A representative in the city hall said that the facility opened on Saturday and that about 300 immigrants have moved so far.

In recent weeks, the Adams administration has preserved it as a “temporary” shelter – but it has not been less than the period of the residency of its occupants, saying only that it will remain as long as there is a need.

The city also said, although the migrant boom who started in the five floods in 2022 began to fade, there are still about 44,000 asylum seekers in shelters and hotels.

Participated in additional reports from Karl Campanelli



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *